A professional and creative garden designer based in Kent. Mark Lane offers garden and landscape design across Kent, the UK and overseas. Services from Mark Lane Designs - Garden / Landscape Designer:
1. An informal discussion to talk through your requirements.
2. We begin with an Initial Consultation to discuss and exchange ideas. We assess the conditions and possibilities of the proposed site.
3. Upon commission a full Site Survey is undertaken.
4. When we fully understand your requirements we present you with a Design Brief
and then a Concept Plan, including an Inspiration sheet or mood board with Colour Palette. This is an essential stage as it reflects the style and shape of the proposed garden, hard landscaping (decking, paving, raised beds, water features) and planting areas. It represents a general, proposed concept design. This is also the time for you to finalise the budget for the design.
5. You will then be provided with visualisations, either computer generated or hand-drawn, following the agreed upon Concept Plan. (CAD visuals provide you with 3D renderings and walk-throughs.)
6. Once every element of the garden has been carefully considered, a Master Plan is presented, showing detailed, scaled elements required to construct the design - normally a scale of 1:25, 1:50, 1:75 or 1:100. (Planting Plans are the next stage.) A Lighting Plan and Irrigation Plan can also be designed. We can then work with you, or independently, to put your work out for Tender. Mark Lane Designs can then project manage the contractor(s) or leave this entirely with you, with guidance from us.
7. The final element of the design process are the Planting Plans and the Planting Maintenance and Care Schedules. This is an essential part of the process and requires careful consideration. Plants are selected to match the theme and requirements of the garden - both aesthetically and functionally - reflecting your preferences, the garden's location, soil types and light conditions. Great care is taken to ensure that the Planting Plans provide interest throughout the year. The number of plants are then presented as a list for costing and ordering purposes, and detailed Planting Maintenance and Care Schedules are produced so that you can care for the plants throughout the garden's lifecycle.
8. Your vision becomes a reality to use and enjoy for years to come.
If you only require our expertise to carry out planting design and planting plans for existing or newly created gardens, we offer the following:
1. Full or partial planting designs
2. Planting up designed schemes
3. Renovation of existing planting areas
4. Plant sourcing
5. Detailed Planting Maintenance and Care Schedules.
1. Assist you to obtain quotations from landscaping companies
2. Help to source specific items such as statues, water features and garden buildings
3. Attend initial meetings with landscaping companies and monitor the entire project
4. Full project management; including liaison with suppliers, landscapers and other professionals.
For clients who may not require a full design solution we can provide our expertise on an hourly basis with detailed written submissions.
Call us today on 01227 207 013
We are happy to do a Site Visit
and talk through your garden / landscape design ideas.
Just phone us:
Tel: +44 (0) 1227 207013
We design gardens and landscapes throughout the UK and Overseas.
(Please note, we are not a landscaping company, but do work with professional, qualified landscapers.)
A picture paints a thousand words. Explore our diverse Portfolio.